Here is my menu for the week:
Saturday: Sloppy Joes, potato wedges, green beans
Sunday: Leftover Homemade pizza
Monday: Chicken Fajitas, refried beans
Tuesday: Breakfast casserole, jello fruit salad
Wednesday: Pasta Alfredo with broccoli, rolls
Thursday: Baked Potato soup, rolls
Friday: Fried Rice with leftover pork loin, peas and carrots
Grocery shopping went better this week. Aaron actually went with me (my car broke down on Thursday) and provided some accountability for impulse buying. We were really trying to stick to bare-bones shopping because money is so tight right now….and with the car breaking down….::sigh:: I am praying a lot for the Lord’s provision.
• 12 oz. pork sausage
• 1/3 cup chopped onion
• 2-3 cups shredded Monterey Jack or cheddar cheese
• 8 eggs, lightly beaten
• 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
1. In a large skillet, cook sausage and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain.
2. Transfer to a greased (believe me, you don’t want to forget this step….) 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Sprinkle with cheese.
3. Combine eggs and soup; pour over cheese.
Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 30-35 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Let stand for 5 minutes before cutting. Yield: 8 servings
This recipe can be made in advance and then just popped in the oven right before dinner. It is also really good leftover.